Friday, June 08, 2007

Face

Facebook is great. No really, it’s great. Better than it’s aborted cousin Myspace, better than the transparent Bebo, better than the sterile laboratories of Friends Reunited. Facebook is great. Everyone is on it. People I’ve not seen or heard of in 10 years have repeatedly thrown friend requests in my face. People I never thought would use the internet as anything other than a research tool have signed up and populated their profile with pictures of wild abandon.

This ramble is basically to lend some explanation as to why I haven’t written here for coming on 3 months. Basically I’ve been on Facebook. See what I’ve done here? You already know why I’ve been on Facebook because I started the entry with reasons why it’s great! It’s like I know what you’re thinking!!

Also, not much has happened in the last 3 months. It’s a fact that I didn’t want to face. Nothing has happened. Nothing. Well, I’ve seen Hannah a lot and been to a few dos but that’s it. I’m not going to talk about school here as all I seem to do is complain and no one really cares anyway. Well, Mum doesn’t and I’m pretty sure she’s the only one reading this. How do I know she doesn’t?

She told me.

Moving on; yes, I’ve seen a lot of Hannah. I mean, I’ve seen her almost every weekend. See, I do know what you were thinking you cheeky boys. Trying to actually remember what we did during these times is difficult. We ate a lot. We may have talked a lot too. I know we went to the shops.

Other than doing things that I can’t remember I’ve been invited to a shocking total of 2 social engagements. More specifically, I’ve been to a total of 2 shocking social engagements. I may have been invited to more and then forgotten about the invites. These social engagements both took place in equally shocking locales; the beach and Kumamoto City.

Beach outings consist mainly of going to a beach and sitting on it. We were only partly successful in this endeavour, spending most of our time slightly adjacent to the beach so as not to get sand everywhere. I believe the term “Underpant Sahara” is appropriate for what we were trying to avoid. Most failed in this task. Among the numerous fun activities partaken were See Who Can Jump the Highest (me), See Who Can Wear A Borrowed Hat (me), See Who Can Wear The Most Yellow (me) and Let’s Trying Not To Catch Salmonella (me, joint first with Geoff). Also dodgeball.


The second outing did indeed take place in Kumamoto City. It was someone’s birthday I think, whatever. There were loads of people there I didn’t know and this scared poor Hannah and I senseless. Obviously I see people everyday that I don’t know on an intimate level but they are Japanese people and I content myself in the knowledge that they all want to know me. These people were different. They were cruel and unforgiving. Within one minute of meeting with their leader he had already asked for my name and age. I strained an answer from my puckered mouth and tried to hide my shame. His breeding was obviously atrocious.

After an exceedingly expensive meal that consisted of raw salmon and a pizza base lathered in egg yolk, an impromptu meeting was held in the middle of the street in order to decide where to go next. Hannah, obviously bored by everyone except me, was looking fractious so I suggested a nearby bar that made up for it’s lack of clean toilets by pricing its drinks in line with the economic environment of the 1930s. Of course, everyone agreed immediately. Some people may have gone somewhere else but all the important people stayed. By important I obviously mean important in the context we were in, not genuine decision makers or anything.

So yeah, it was OK after that. Hannah was obviously bored through and through but I persuaded her that the final club might be OK. After entering and discovering their wine was limited to “Red” or “White” our spirits fell somewhat. Then some stuff happened and we went home.

We’re off Tokyo next week though. That’ll be nice.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not say I wasn't interested - you know that mummy and daddy are fascinated by your every waking move, thought and action.

Hope Tokyo is good
Mum