Thursday, March 15, 2007

Spring

The spring break is rapidly approaching. Two (or three in the case of one of my schools) weeks of no lessons even less responsibility. Good shit.

Me and Hannah are heading to Kyoto for a bit in just over a fortnight which cannot come soon enough. Although school life has been pleasantly free of the annoying incidents I once associated with it, I can’t say it won’t be a relief to get out of Kagami. Oh yes.

Also, I’ve decided to get Japanese lessons. This after a mere 1 year and 8 months in the country. I did have the occasional stab at self-study but, with local ALTs having great Japanese and most of my Japanese teachers having great English, the motivation wasn’t really there. However, looking at Hannah whose level is quiet unbelievable after only 8 months of lessons has inspired me. I haven’t deluded myself into thinking I can progress and rapidly as her, this is her third language after all, but it has convinced me that it isn’t too late to start.

No comments: