Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bugger

Oh dear. My car’s gone a bit buggered, like. I drove down to Hannah’s on Sunday and the mysterious creaking I’d heard coming from the front left wheel changed into a sort of grinding, squealing noise. Obviously this made me a bit nervous. Once I’d gotten to the city I decided that I didn’t want to risk further damage (to myself or the car) and left it at Hannah’s apartment, getting the train and tram home and resolving to walk to work for the next week. Hopefully Froilan (a 4th year who moved to Kumamoto city from Yatsushiro) will help me take it to the Audi dealership in the city sometime this weekend. I’m just praying it’s not going to cost too much L

At the moment there are several money sapping prospects running through my mind. First up is the mandatory; shaken for my car. This is a sort of MOT that must be done every two years and for white plates (aka bigger cars like mine) it can cost anywhere from 90 – 160 000 yen (£400 – 800). Apparently one of the Yats ALTs known a mechanic so hopefully my costs will be on the lower end of that scale.

Then there’s the…ahem…luxury stuff. It’s over a week since I ordered the new camera from the Itos. Now, I don’t regret ordering the camera but it is quite a lot of money (link ) and when I ordered it I didn’t know that I’d have potential car repair costs hanging over my head (no excuse about the shaken though, I knew that was coming).

Well, it’s too late to retract the order (even if I wanted to, and I don’t really) so hopefully the car is not going to cost too much to fix. Hmm.

No comments: